Broward Oncology participates in many different registry and clinical trials. Please Contact Sue Patierno, our Practice and Research Coordinator, for information about the latest oncology clinical trials and the requirements for each.
Actively Enrolling Cancer Treatment Trials
|MEDI 551-1088 DLBCL||A Phase 2 randomized open label study of MEDI-551 in adults with relapsed or refractory DLBCL – 3 pts on WATCH list||Actively Enrolling||MedImmune [CRO Quintiles]|
|CC-4047-MM-007 Multiple Myeloma||A Phase 3 multicenter, randomized, open label study to compare the efficacy and safety of pomalidomide, bortezomib and low dose dexamethasone vs. bortezomib and low dose dexamethasone in subjects with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma – 3 pts on WATCH list||Actively Enrolling||Celgene [CRO ICON Clinical Research]|
Registry Trials – Non-Treatment
Patients are invited to participate in our enrolling registry trials.
|MM – CONNECT MM REGISTRY||An observational study designed to assess clinical and HRQoL outcomes in patients presenting with newly diagnosed MM [multiple myeloma] by comparing the effectiveness associated with common regimens. 10’12 registry expansion approved; 1 pt enrolled||Actively Enrolling||Celgene Outcome Sciences|
|CONNECT MDS/AML REGISTRY||An observational study designed to assess clinical and HRQoL outcomes in patients with MDS/AML. SIV WEBEX and Rave training to be done 9’14||Need SIV||Celgene United BioSource Corporation|
|LAB DRAW STUDY VARIOUS DXS||A multiple site research study in which up to 5,000 patients may be enrolled and aid in the development of new diagnostic test kits for particular diseases and illnesses||Actively Enrolling||SeraTrials Bioreclamation|
|MORE REGISTRY||A prospective, non-interventional multicenter registry in iron overloaded lower-risk myelodysplastic patients. 1 pt in f/u; will reach 5 year goal 9’14, then close out||F/U phase only||Novartis [CRO Covance]|
Patient Resources about Clinical Trials
- Cancer 411 – comprehensive cancer clinical trials information www.cancer411.org
- Cancer Research Foundation – information on clinical trials, cancer statistics, research and treatment www.syncure.org
- Coalition of Cancer Cooperative Groups – www.cancertrialshelp.org
- Clinical Trials – A service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, offers a search for clinical trials www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Trials Central – medical directory, find a doctor, specialists, clinical trials www.trialscentral.org