Board Certified Hematologist. Identifying & Treating Blood Disorders.
Dr. Luis Barreras is a Board Certified Hematologist. He specializes in the study of blood and its relation to different types of cancer and hematological disorders.
Hematology is the study of blood, blood-forming organs, and diseases of the blood. Our hematology medical team specializes in the study of blood and its relation to different types of cancer and hematological disorders.
Our Hematologists provide diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of blood diseases such as:
- Chronic anemia (low red blood cell count)
- Hematological Dysfunctions; anemia, DIC (disseminated intra vascular coagulation)
- Hematological Malignancies such as lymphoma and leukemia
- Bleeding Disorder Can Cause
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Easy bleeding
- Excessive bleeding and bruising
- Nose bleeds
Resources for our Hematology patients
- Iron Disorders Institute – www.irondisorders.org
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Foundation – The myelodysplastic syndromes foundation is an international organization devoted to the prevention, treatment, and study of the myelodysplastic syndromes. www.mds-foundation.org
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute – www.nhlbi.nih.gov
- National Hemophilia Foundation www.Hemophilia.org