Board Certified Oncologist. Complete cancer care. On-site chemotherapy services.
Dr. Luis Barreras is a Board Certified Oncologist. Our office provides complete cancer care and on-site chemotherapy services.
At Broward Oncology we believe in treating our patients as individuals with a health challenge. A comprehensive treatment plan is administered for each patient diagnosed with cancer and the results are communicated to the rest of your specialized healthcare team to ensure that you receive optimal care.
And Our Chemo Cafe
Chemotherapy is provided in our office in our “Chemo Cafe”, a bright and comfortable room staffed by our nurses, for patients requiring chemotherapy IVs as well as iron and other IV therapies.
Our chemo room is equipped with comfortable reclining chairs. There are always snacks available and patients often share books in our reading shelf.
Specializing in Treatments of the Following Types of Cancer
Our oncology medical team has worked with patients with many different types of cancers. Here are some to name a few:
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Leukemia / Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Resources for our Oncology patients
- American Cancer Society – information and resources for cancer – www.cancer.org
- American Institute for Cancer Research – www.aicr.org
- Very Well Health a general information site about cancer, with links to many other cancer resources
- CURE – combining science with humanity, CURE makes cancer understandable www.curetoday.com
- iCare – provides focused, user-friendly cancer information www.icare.org
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation – funding treatments faster, finding a cure www.themmrf.org
- National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc www.NationalBreastCancer.org
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Information Service – free resources and educational materials on all cancer types [1-800-4-CANCER] – www.cancer.gov
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network – dedicated to providing state of the art care to patients, advancing research on prevention, and enhancing the effectiveness of cancer are delivery www.nccn.com
- Prevent Cancer Foundation – dedicated to cancer prevention through research and education www.preventcancer.org
- Chemo Care – cancer symptoms, chemotherapy & chemo side effectswww.chemocare.com
- Chemo Therapy – educational and support information about chemotherapy and associated side effects www.chemotherapy.com
- Cancer Care – professional support for people affected by cancer www.cancercare.org
- “Survivor to survivor” network providing information, support, and encouragement www.spohnc.org
- Cancer Hope Network – contact with survivors www.cancerhopenetwork.org
- Gilda’s Club South Florida Cancer Support Group www.gildasclubsouthflorida.org